MUSEO DE BELLAS ARTES DE CÓRDOBA
Located in the Plaza del Potro, opens its doors to the public in 1862, from the hands of its first director, Rafael Romero Barros , father of the famous Cordovan painter Julio Romero de Torres . It occupies different dependencies of what was the former Hospital de la Caridad , of style plateresque . After successive enlargements, in 1936 its current state is configured following the style renaissance . Although on its walls can be found paintings by Italian Renaissance masters, its main and most numerous collections are from the Baroque period and the 19th century. Outstanding works by Bartolomé Bermejo, Luis de Morales, Valdés Leal, Ribera, Zurbarán, Murillo, Antonio del Castillo and the Cordovan sculptor Mateo Inurria. The same building is worth a visit, with its secluded patio orange tree curd and a staircase baroque with ochavado wooden coffered ceiling.